Avon Espira 30-Day Metabolism Boost System - Day 1

Avon Espira 30-Day Metabolism Boost System - Day 1

Getting more energy one protein shake at a time

This post is a follow-up to the Avon Espira 3-day Ideal Cleanse, which I also blogged about. You can find the first post in the series here.


The cleanse is behind us, and it's time to start the rest of the Avon Espira Metabolism Boost System. There are still lingering effects of the cleanse, and I'm looking forward to see whether they will continue into the future. Everything is working a bit more regularly, and the energy boost is still noticeable. 

Day 1 (4 total) Stats

Weight: 144.5 (Cleanse effects?)
Pants: Size 6. I'm sure that'll stay the same, but how much of a selling point would it be to actually drop a pant size during this? ='D
Energy: Increased. I did sleep in a bit more than normal today, but I am getting over a cold. They might be related. Throughout the day, however, I feel much more likely to chase my little one around in games of tag.

Exercise

45 minutes yoga, same program as yesterday. Dancing and tag with toddler, which is negligible exercise in reality.

The System

It was good today! I haven't noticed too much about the pills yet, but I'm sure that I will with time. I will say, I haven't had much food today, and I'm only a little hungry. I should probably eat some dinner now (at 9:30 pm. What even is my life?!), but I'm definitely not starving, so maybe that's the Hunger Block

The Plant Power Protein

My smoothie was delicious! It was a little grainy at first, but once I drank a couple of sips, that taste/texture disappeared. I made a chocolate cherry shake with the Chocolate Plant Power Protein. I actually made mine more into a meal replacement smoothie than a snack replacement, but at about 290 calories, it really could be either. The recipe is below so that you can try it too. I plan on continuing to post all of the yummiest recipes that I make, so keep coming back to try them!

Espira Chocolate Cherry Bliss Smoothie

This simple Espira recipe uses the Avon Espira Chocolate Plant Power Protein powder, is made up of only 5 simple ingredients, and is absolutely delicious! It's only about 290 calories as well, so it's guilt free!

Ingredients
1 scoop Avon Espira Chocolate Plant Power Protein - 120 calories
1 cup frozen whole cherries - 90 calories
1 cup almond milk (I used Silk) - 60 calories
1/8 cup Greek yogurt (I used Fage Total 0%) - 16 calories
3 ice cubes
Shredded sweetened coconut flakes as garnish

Combine all ingredients in a blender. Enjoy! Simple and delicious!

This smoothie was fabulous. It had just the right balance of chocolate and cherry flavor, and the occasional coconut flake gave it a little bit of texture. 10/10

Healthy smoothie for Mama, a small gummy bear snack for Kiddo

Final Day 1 Thoughts

The Plant Power Protein powder was better than anticipated. I expected it to not really taste of chocolate and be super gritty. It actually tasted like chocolate! That is definitely going in its favor. Past the initial gritty texture, it settled well into the smoothie and didn't feel too bad on the tongue. I definitely recommend it as a snack replacement protein powder as advertised. It is not packaged or advertised as a meal replacement, and if it is made as directed, it definitely isn't. The only way I would call it a meal replacement is if you bulk it up with other ingredients.

As for the Metabolism Boost and Hunger Block, my energy levels are rising by the day, and I didn't really get hungry today despite my absolutely poor food intake (which I need to go fix after this blog). With light meals and snacks during the day, I think this would be perfect. If you're prone to frequent hunger, the Hunger Block seems like it would be effective in curbing the appetite. As for Metabolism Boost, I definitely have enough energy that I actually want to move and use it.

All in all, the Avon Espira Metabolism Boost System seems like it's doing what I wanted and expected it to do. I'm very happy so far, and I'm looking forward to the next 29 days. Also, the Plant Power Protein definitely feels like something that I'm going to continue using even past the system.

Comments

  1. Thank you for documenting this! I am about to try the cleanse, but I am nervous. I found the protein really good. I haven't tried the chocolate, but your recipe has me thinking about it:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment