Welcome to Chaos and Concealer!

Let's get to know each other!


Hi there! This is me!

A little about me:

Welcome to my little corner of the Internet! My name is Brandy, and I wear many hats (though not real hats; those you rarely see on my head, actually...), my favorites of which are wife, mom, crafter, and Avon lady. 

I wanted to eke out this little space to muse, share about what's happening in my life, and hopefully be a source of both information and fun. 

About the Family

I live in California with my wife of 8 years and our beautiful 3 year old, whom I'll call Goober. 

My whole world is right here.

Sometimes I get in on the pictures too!

We do our best with what we're given, but with mood swings, depression, etc., it often ends up in chaos. Eventually, we find a way to get past it (or, when it's really hard, mask it) and have fun. Add in the fact that I sell Avon, and "Chaos and Concealer" was a perfect choice for a name! =)

Why Avon?


I started selling Avon in October of 2016. My mom sells Avon, so I grew up using and loving the products. The personal discount is a very nice perk! 

After my wife left the Air Force and switched jobs, our financial situation changed drastically. It became necessary for me to bring in an income as well, but with a little one in tow, a "traditional" job was out of the question. I had dabbled with selling polymer clay charms, but I just never was able to create the time needed to be successful. I ended up spending the time that I should have been working playing with my little one. 

I racked my brain trying to think of options, and then it just hit me like a brick of obvious. My mom had sold Avon quite successfully when I was younger, with three kids tagging along, so I knew that it was possible to make real money at it while still being there for Goober. So, I took the leap and signed up to sell myself. I knew how to get started from watching my mom, so I just did it!

Avon is much easier to make time for with a little one around. I can take them with me in the stroller when I'm hanging books on doors, and it just feels like going for a walk. I can write blog posts, check emails, send texts, etc. while watching Goober play trains at the train table. Any intensive work that might get ruined by smudgy fingers or crumpled, that can wait until after bedtime.

With the brand recognition, the product really sells itself. Most people I've talked to are so excited to receive a brochure because they haven't seen one in years. They've become my most loyal clients.

Once I started and figured out how easy it was, I fell in love! I've met so many amazing people, get to make my own hours, get to earn a living while staying home with my little one, and I get to be my own boss! That's a wonderful feeling.

Chaos and Concealer

I hope you'll join along on our adventures! I didn't want this blog to be "just another Avon blog." Those are good and have their place, for sure, but there are so many already. Sure, there will be that too, because it's very important to me. It's a huge part of my life and it provides so many opportunities, both financially and recreationally. (I missed out on the Bahamas trip recently, but I'll earn trips in the future for sure!) However, I'm not just my job. I have a life, emotions, interests, struggles, and triumphs outside of that, and I'd like to share those as well.

As long as you all don't mind them all in one place, then I'll continue to share them all here. After all, life is a lot of little random bits of everything arranged together in one place, right? At least there's a place where we can all just get together and share, masking the chaos and blemishes with a little bit of concealer.






Comments