(Not) Working Through a Summer Cold

It's been a while since I had a summer cold...


I also haven't had a proper chest cold in who knows how long. It's such a strange feeling, since I usually get head colds and stuffy sinuses, sore throats, etc. My chest has been tight, raw feeling, congested, yet my throat isn't sore, and aside from headaches and dizzy spells from all of the coughing, my head area is fine. However, that dizziness combined with the summer heat has me taking it easy on the work side of things. My wallet might not thank me, but my body will!

With all of the not working I've been doing the last couple of days, I've been spending time with my little one, who is actually playing footsie with me right now, cross stitching, and making sticker sheets for my planner instead. 

Ah, planners!

Is anyone else here as addicted to making planner stickers as I am right now? I am drooling over a Silhouette cutting machine because it would make printing my own stickers so much easier. Alas, it's not in the cards at the moment, but I'm going to keep dreaming anyway while I meticulously hand cut everything I print!

It's bad, y'all. I've spent more time lately making my own stickers than actually planning in my planner. My poor planner is lonely, blank, and sad...

Making my own sticker sheets has been so much fun that I even integrated it into potty training my little one. I have never been one for the kawaii poop trend, but they do make good little images for putting on a potty chart for a 3 year old! My little one became interested in the potty at about 18 months old, and has been doing pretty well, but we've not been able to get the aforementioned to actually happen in the toilet consistently. I'm hoping it'll happen soon as I'm ready for the pull-up phase to end.

As for the cross stitch, that I've been doing considerably less of than otherwise...

I'm working on several right now. I am doing The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's Sweet as Pie club, which I'm fairly current on, seeing as the border is designed to be done throughout the year. I also am working on their Pumpkin Passport from last year. I'm almost done and should probably just finish it already! What's been on my q-snap this month, though, is a Thomas the Tank Engine pattern for my little one's room. I can't wait to see it all done and hung on their bedroom wall!

Crafting, creating, and coughing

That's been the week. All work and no play may make you dull, but all play and no work makes you broke, so I need to get back to work! I'm feeling better today than I have been, so I'm going out tomorrow to leave Avon catalogs on doors. I have a ton of expired ones that I put a letter on the front of to let potential customers know that the catalog is expired, but the products are the same. 

I am also going to approach a few businesses in these next few weeks. It's something that I've been wanting to do since I started selling, but that I've been putting off. Mostly because the first few times that I tried with my little one, they bounced around the place and were very distracting. I'm a little more experienced and comfortable now, so I'm thinking it will go better this time around. 

Regardless, I'm figuring out some way to go out there in force because these next two campaigns, Avon is rewarding us with Double Dollars. Now, we don't make double the profit, but we get double the award sales. Award sales are the thing that counts towards what's called the President's Recognition Program. The first level is President's Club, and you reach it by getting $10,000 in award sales in the calendar year. I'm a little over halfway there, and this incentive will help me get there even faster! 

Reaching President's Club is definitely my goal this year. You earn the ability to order three products from our advanced preview/discount book, as opposed to just one at my current achievement level. You're also guaranteed to earn 40% earnings on your orders, and these perks last for all of the next year! That's long enough for me to earn it again!

That's my weekend plan!

Working early in the day, and then enjoying a rare two days off for my wife, and on a weekend to boot! We're going to be playing our D&D campaign with friends and probably spending some time at the waterpark over this hot Northern California weekend.
Do you have any weekend plans? I'd love to hear about them!

Have a wonderful weekend and a lovely day!

Comments